Exam and Consultation
We are always excited to meet new patients during their first visit to our office. Your complimentary initial visit will be very enjoyable, relaxed and informative. Upon arrival one of our scheduling coordinators will help assist you check in using our automated check in screen. We will then have you fill out a brief medical/dental history form if you have not done so already. Next, we will take digital photographs and X-rays to present to the doctor. Dr. Eisinger will perform a thorough examination and evaluate your facial structures and teeth and provide you with a diagnosis and personalized treatment plan to help you achieve your desired results. At this time, we will also discuss treatment fees, payment plans and insurance benefits. Please allow an hour for the record taking and exam consultation process.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
We will address the following questions during your initial visit for orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now, or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the condition?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
Dr. Eisinger insists that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take.
Start of Treatment
With improvements in technology getting your braces placed is no longer an uncomfortable process. The placement of your braces and initial instructions usually requires a 90-minute appointment. During that time, we will go over foods to watch out for as well as oral hygiene techniques to take optimal care of your teeth and braces. After the braces are placed, most of your appointments will be made at 10-week intervals.